- Normal amniotic fluid volume varies and ↑ with gestational age.
- The peak volume is 800–1000 mL at 36–37 weeks gestation.(MCQ)
- In the late T2 or T3, amniotic fluid volume represents fetal urine output. .(MCQ)
- Why is AFI is used as a measure of chronic uteroplacental function. .(MCQ)
- If there is uteroplacental dysfunction and ↓ oxygenation to the fetus, the fetus preferentially shunts blood to the brain and heart, leaving the fetal kid- neys underperfused. This results in ↓ fetal urine output and, as a result, ↓ amniotic fluid.
- The AFI is the sum of amniotic fluid measured in four quadrants of the uterus via the US. .(MCQ)
- AFI > 5 cm: Adequate.
- AFI < 5 cm: Abnormal (oligohydramnios).
- AFI ³ 25 cm: Abnormal (polyhydramnios).
- Most common cause: Ruptured membranes. .(MCQ)
- Associated with intrauterine growth restriction 60% of the time.
- Evaluate for genitourinary malformations.
- Polyhydramnios: .(MCQ)
- Fetal malformation (anencephaly, esophageal atresia).
- Genetic disorders.
- Maternal diabetes.
- Multiple gestation.
- Fetal anemia.
- Polyhydramnios is associated with uterine overdistention, resulting in: .(MCQ)
- Preterm labor
- Fetal malposition
- Uterine atony
Non-Reactive NST / Weekly Fetal Monitoring @ 36 weeks / Polyhydramnios
Capture Non-Reactive NST / Fetal Monitoring @ 36 weeks / Polyhydramnios
Polyhydramnios and Oligohydramnios – USMLE Step 2
This is a review of the basic principles of diagnosis and treatment of Polyhydramnios and oligohydramnios for medical students preparing for Step 2 of the USMLE or Comlex or others learning clinical medicine.
What is Polyhydramnios
Polyhydramnois is the overabundance of amniotic fluid surrounding your baby in the uterus. Most of the time, although uncommon, polyhydramnios will resolve itself, but sometimes it can lead to other complications or be an indication of other problems. Your doctor or midwife will be able to detect polyhydramnios, and on a case-by-case situation be able to advise on how to manage it.
Pregnancy Vlog 19-20(Hospital/Polyhydramnios/belly)
So these two weeks have been hectic hosptal visit and finding out i have Polyhydramnios.
Weekly Fetal Monitoring / Heartbeat / NST / Polyhydramnios
QUICK OBGYN: Maternal complications of Polyhydramnios
Prepare for USMLE,UK,CANADIAN,AUSTRALIAN, NURSING & OTHER MEDICAL BOARD examinations around the globe with us. Understand the basics, concepts and how to answer wisely and score 99 in each step
ultrasound : CAUSES of POLYHYDRAMNIOS with multiple fetal anomalies 5 of 5
HYDROCEPALOUS, POLYHYDRAMNIOS in BREECH PREGNANCY